Lay out your towel next to a Blue Flag in Northern Sardinia. Gallura leads the rest of the island with the highest number of beaches awarded the Blue Flag by the FEE.
If you are looking for the perfect destination for your next holiday in Northern Sardinia you couldn’t do better than start with the Blue Flag 2019 beaches. From Badesi to the La Maddalena Archipelago the coast is dotted with dream beaches that meet the requirements of the FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education): excellent water, separate rubbish collection, pedestrian areas, cycle paths, green areas, beach services, street furniture, hotels and health facilities.
Gallura confirms the results of 2018 as the island’s top spot with 5 destinations and 18 beaches awarded this prestigious recognition.
Here are the Northern Sardinia 2019 Blue Flags just a stone’s throw from Delphina hotels and resorts.
- Li Junchi at Badesi, Blue Flag since 2016, is the beach at the Resort Le Dune. With 8 kilometres of white sand and crystal clear water it is perfect for enjoying the sea in complete freedom with plenty of space to play, walk or relax with the whole family. Further along the same stretch of coastline the beaches at Li Mindi and Baia delle Mimose boast the same recognition.
- At Isola Rossa the Blue Flag has flown over two beaches since 2018. The Spiaggia Lunga, in the heart of this small fishing village is a stone’s throw from the Hotel Torreruja while La Marinedda bay, a crescent of white sand and turquoise sea in front of the 5-star Marinedda Hotel is famous for its flame-red sunsets and for being one of the most important spots in Northern Sardinia for surfing and windsurfing.
- Continuing towards the east coast of Gallura you will find the Blue Flag beach at Santa Teresa. A few minutes drive from the Resort Valle dell’Erica Thalasso & SPA are the Rena di Ponente and Rena Bianca (awarded the Blue Flag in 2015) and Zia Culumba – Rena di Levante (awarded in 2017).
- Guests at the Hotel Capo d’Orso, the Residence il Mirto and the Park Hotel Cala di Lepre are spoiled for choice in Palau, where the Blue Flag has flown since 2012 and which this year confirms once more the three beaches of Palau Vecchio, Fronte Stagno Saline and Isolotto and the tourist marina.
- The beauty of the La Maddalena Archipelago is represented by seven wonderful beaches each with its own Blue Flag. All located on the island of La Maddalena and the neighbouring island of Caprera, they are easily reached via a twenty minute ferry ride from the port at Palau or with one of the boat trips organized by Delphina.
- The list of Sardinia Blue Flag beaches continues to grow with the new award given to Sant’Antioco and the beach at Maladroxia. In 2019 the number of sites has thus risen to 14 with a total of 44 beaches and moving the island up to fifth position in the ranking of Italian regions.
Article updated the: 10/05/2019