We are Green – Delphina for the environment
A project created from Nature that has become a part of genuine Mediterranean hospitality in the North of Sardinia. A holiday by the sea with Delphina that has an eco-friendly soul.
Passion for the environment can be seen in little everyday gestures but also in responsible and far-sighted choices that tell the story of 25 years of Delphina hotels & resorts, our collection of 4 and 5 star structures facing the North Sardinia sea in Gallura between the Costa Smeralda, the La Maddalena Archipelago and the Golfo dell’Asinara.
Nature has always been at the heart of our projects, not just as a source of inspiration, but also a resource to be protected in order to offer holidays where people can discover the authentic Sardinia and enjoy a sense of freedom in contact with our unique nature. This is the essence of the “We are green” brand, created and registered by Delphina to represent our commitment to the environment. A collection of good practices and territorial enhancement initiatives that follow a route aimed at a sustainable future for the land we love.
- 100% green energy from renewable sources to power the 12 hotels, 2 residences, 6 SPAs, 23 villas and main offices in Palau. This type of energy supply means a saving of 3,536 tons of CO2 every year, an amount that would need around 25,000 trees to absorb it.
- The use of indigenous plants and trees in the creation of natural green areas since they are best suited to the surroundings and require less water. Buildings in harmony with nature that use local materials and which have a reduced visual impact.
- Environmental sustainability: Eco/bio and paraben-free courtesy products in rooms and SPAs that are most suitable for sensitive, intolerant and allergy-susceptible skin types. Ecolabel products for regular cleaning in hotels and resorts and separated waste collection management.
- Courtesy line products are eco/bio and paraben free, which are the most suitable for sensitive, intolerant and allergy-susceptible skin types.
- Electric service vehicles for transporting guests around structures.
- Genuine Local Food Oriented®, the Delphina quality brand that supports healthy, correct high quality nutrition through the use of genuine local ingredients that are preferably 0 kms and which vary according to the season.
- Organic vegetable garden and aviary at the Resort & SPA Le Dune, an educational experience dedicated to our youngest guests so that they can develop a love of nature through discovering the development of Mediterranean plants from seed to fruit, culminating in picking and harvesting fruit and vegetables and collecting eggs laid by our free-range hens.
- Excursions aimed at promoting the region and the cultural excellence found in Gallura. Development and support for local handicrafts and the economy of the inland area’s small communities, together with their rich histories of traditions that have remained unchanged for thousands of years.
- Support for the local economy and handicrafts through giving priority to articles produced by Sardinian and Gallura companies.
- Ecological paper and vegetable inks certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) or PEFC (Program for Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes) and the use of mineral oil-free inks for printing publications and catalogues.
- Partnership: Corporate Golden Donor supporting the FAI (Italian National Trust) in the protection and safeguarding of Italy’s cultural and natural heritage and a partner of Spazzatura Kilometrica, the competition aimed at separated waste collection organized by Max Laudadio (Striscia La Notizia).
- Bottles no, water bottles yes: The elimination of all plastic bottles for all Delphina employees who receive a free water bottle to refill in specially installed fountains. We thus save 68,700 plastic bottles a year.
- Plastic free policy: Removal of plastic and the use of biodegradable materials for lunch-boxes, straws, cutlery, plates and glasses. Replacement of plastic bottles in mini-bars, bars and restaurants, where glass or canned water is used and recommended.
Be green along with us.
So join the “We are Green” movement and save CO2 on holiday!
We have always known how important it is to contribute to the conservation of Nature which is a fundamental ally for us and an example of added value for Delphina hotels & resorts.
But every gesture becomes even more valuable when people who are enthusiastic about Sardinia like yourselves choose Delphina in order to enjoy an authentic experience that respects the environment and enhances the culture found here in Gallura.
Spend your environmentally friendly holiday in Sardinia and strengthen our and your daily commitment to the environment with the #wearegreen agreement.